In this video, we will share you some simple tips of cooking Special Pork Lomi.
Please don't forget to subscribe to my channel to get new videos every week.
500g Pork Shoulder Butt
500g Hokkien Mee/Miki Noodles
1 plastic of Fish Ball
1/2 Bok choy
1 stalk of spring onions
1 head garlic
1 whole onion
2 tbsp fish sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce
3-4 tbsp of cooking oil
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 pork cube
1 tbsp pepper
Part ONE : Preparing the Meat & Vegetables
- Gather the ingredients.
- Cut the meat into bite size and the fishball in half.
- Minced the garlic and onions.
- Cut the vegetable in half or your desired size.
- Heat up the pan and pour 3-4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the meat into the pan, season with pepper and fish sauce, simmer for 30 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked. Add the fishball and sauté for 2 minutes.
Part TWO : Making the Broth
- Meanwhile, bring to boil 2L of water. You can preboil the water using electric kettle to speed up the process.
- Add the pork cube while boiling the water. Stir it to dissolve the pork cube before lowering the heat.
- Add all the ingredients into the saucepan as well as the noodles. You can also add 2 tbsp of soy sauce to get better taste and color. Cook the noodles for 3 minutes while continuously stirring it. Then add the vegetable and simmer for 2 minutes.
Part THREE : Thickening & Serving the LOMI
- Beat 3-4 eggs in a small bowl. Mix it until you see the smooth consistency.
- Dissolve the 2 tbsp of cornstarch by adding a little water.
- Pour the beaten egg and dissolve cornstarch into the saucepan while continuously stirring the LOMI. Very important to have the smooth soupy taste.
- Serve this Special Pork LOMI hot and garnish it with chopped spring onions. You can also have a side of calamansi with soy sauce for added flavour.
IT IS BEST TO COOK THIS SPECIAL PORK LOMI WITH A HEART.
Thank you for watching!
See you in my next videos.
TO GOD BE THE GLORY!